Dating in Kent has never been simpler. Kent singles today have the world at their fingertips with plenty of dating apps readily available. Comparethemarket.com estimates that 69.6% of people between the ages of 18 and 35 in Canterbury are single.
Whether you fancy a night out meeting new people or are looking for that special someone, dating in Kent is a chance for adventure. Only one hour by train from London, the county has much in store. Read on to find ways to meet your match and get ideas for great dates.
Table of Contents
Dating in Kent: How Do I Find Kent Singles?
People living in Kent don’t have much time to go out and meet potential dates. They’re busy working and commuting to the city, so using apps like Tinder makes their search for love more efficient.
A variety of dating apps can help you meet your match:
- For the exclusive crowd: Thursday (*only works on Thursdays)
- For the bumbling personality lover: Qemistry
- For lovers with an ear for music: Pom
- For the private seducer: Pickable
If you’d like a more formal approach, consider dating websites in Kent:
- eHarmony takes an in-depth approach to matching someone that meets your standards and preferences
- Tawkify provides an upscale, glamorous, contemporary approach
- Muddy Matches is for those in love with the countryside
- C-Date is for the adventurous and allows users to share videos
Events for Kent Singles
If you want to meet someone in person before forging a deeper connection, you’ll find plenty of singles events in Kent. Many bars and restaurants, like Oliver’s, host events where singles can meet and mingle. These events are casual yet more effective than trying to talk in a loud dance club.
Speed dating events are another great way to meet other people. Try the Maidstone Speed Dating event where you can meet as many as 20 potential matches in one night. You get to ask a few questions to gauge your interest before meeting the next person in a series of short “dates”.
Kent Dating: Unspoken Rules to Know Before Entering the Dating Scene
It’s important to feel safe on a date. You don’t have to go out one-on-one with a virtual stranger. Consider these date ideas for something fun and casual that gives you a secure environment to get to know your match.
- Suggest a date with a crowd, like Houdini’s Magic Bar. Magicians will charm your date, bringing out a lighter, playful mood in you both. Card tricks aside, the Magic Bar won Newcomer of the Year by Kent Life Food and Drink Awards, proving that Houdini’s is much more than a one-trick tavern.
- Admiral’s Arm Micropub is the winner of Kent’s CAMRA Pub of the Year award in 2020, 2019, 2018, so you know there will be plenty of other people around. The micropub has a vast drink selection of homemade beers, ciders, and gins. Admiral’s Arm is also known for its modern take on pizzas, making it perfect for a night out on the town.
- For something more unique than dinner and drinks, consider a tour of Leeds Castle. You can take a guided tour, stroll the grounds on your own, or visit when they’re hosting an event or concert.
- If you’re not a local, be prepared to have your ear talked off. Everyone wants to know everyone and get all the news from about town. Be prepared to answer questions galore and really talk about yourself. Also be ready to ask questions in return, as not doing so may have you come off as a bit frosty.
Don’t feel intimidated about finding your match in Kent. With the help of Britneytoyphotography, you’ll learn where to meet potential dates and tips for planning a great night out. Find your match today!